In a guest post on C.S. Lakin’s Live, Write, Thrive blog, Dave Chesson, operator of book marketing site Kindlepreneur.com, offers five writing lessons from Margaret Atwood. The short version:
- Don’t sell yourself short.
- Use imaginative “if’” questions to generate creative story ideas.
- Your life experience is valid and well worth sharing.
- Being an unknown gives you the freedom to explore and experiment.
- Emphasize the reader’s response, as opposed to your own personal take.
Read the long version here